Monday, April 30, 2012
Page 3 of 4
< Prev Next
Pizza party tips
Hosts Julie Gulla and Derek Jensen prepare the evening's first pizzas.
// Photo by Paula Watts
Derek and Julie's tips for throwing a stellar pizza party
- Prep as much as possible before the party, including side dishes, pizza toppings, and the sauce and dough. (Jensen recommends making dough that requires a 24-hour rise time at a low temp.)
- Enlist helpers beforehand: kids who can clear plates or guests who might be able to stop by early to set up furniture.
- Wear comfortable clothes for the party.
- Start the evening with a glass of prosecco for each guest.
- Offer more types of toppings than you would normally want.
- Place prepped toppings in little bowls near the oven to spark appetites and conversation about the food.
- Always offer a dessert. Gulla suggests cutting cookies, brownies and lemon bars into bite-size pieces for a relaxed sweets course.
- Above all, have fun!