Plenty of people make the move from a smaller to a larger space, but what about the other way around? For an insider’s perspective we spoke with Marilyn Andersen, Principal Broker at Hoyt Realty Group. “Moving from a single family home to a condo is a good reason to get rid of the items you never use,” she told us. Here are her 5 tips for staying organized.
- Write down the things you want to keep and the things you can live without. Do you really need that 14 place setting of china?
- Keep your paperwork organized by scanning important documents and photographs. This will save you space and give you easy access to what you need, when you need it.
- Tackle one room at a time. It’s better to think in weeks, not days. Spend an hour or two a day to lower your stress level.
- If it’s broken, toss it. Are you really going to replace that knob, rewire that lamp? Be honest about your time limitations.
- Curate your collections. Instead of 40 figurines, pick your favorite to display and give the rest to friends and family.
Interested in condominium living? Call Merilyn Anderson at 503.227.2000, or visit the Vista Showroom at 1130 NW 10th Ave. PDX to view the Vista now selling in the Pearl District.